Vidya Vox is an American singer, songwriter, and YouTuber.
Vidya Vox was born as ‘Vidya Iyer’ on Wednesday, 26 September 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Chennai. Her zodiac signal is Libra.
At the age of 5, she began studying Carnatic music. When she was eight years previous, her household immigrated to the USA. She grew up in Virginia in Washington. She did her BSc with a Major Psychology and Minor in Biomedical Sciences from George Washington University and was planning to pursue MCAT to get right into a medical faculty in 2012. At the identical time, she was additionally working at a clinic. In midst of all this, she determined to make her profession in music. Later, she moved to India for 2 years to study Carnatic Classical and western vocals. She realized Carnatic music from D. Okay. Nagarajan, brother of D. Okay. Patammal.
Height (approx.): 5’ 3”
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a Tamil Family. She has a sister named Vandana Iyer.
She has a boyfriend named Shankar Tucker, clarinettist and music composer.
Vidya, alongside together with her sister, Vandana and her boyfriend, Shankar collaborated in 2011 and gave voice to Shankar’s composition, Nee Nenaindal on his YouTube Channel, The Shruti Box.
She performs commonly with Shankar’s band. She has carried out in White House, National Centre for the Performing Arts (India), and Webster Hall and numerous occasions equivalent to Festivals Des Artes in Reunion Island, INK Women, Suriname, Dubai and the Meru Concert Series within the Netherlands. She began her YouTube channel in 2014, and uploaded her first video of the mashup of the songs ‘Big Girls Cry’ of Sia and ‘Kabhi Jo Badal Barse;’ the video is now not out there as a consequence of copyright points with Yash Raj Films. Some of her standard covers embrace Love Me Like You Do|Hosanna, Closer|Kabira, Lean On|Jind Mahi, We Don’t Talk Anymore|Pani Da Rang, and Kuttanadan Punjayile (Kerela’s Famous Boat Song).
Her first album got here within the 12 months 2017 titled ‘Kuthu Fire.’
Her second album was ‘Mad Dreams’ (2019).
Awards & Achievements
- Youtube Creator Awards – Silver Button in 2015
- Youtube Creator Awards – Golden Button in 2016
- Food: Rice, Dal, Bhindi Sabzi, Dosa & Sambhar, Pizza, Tacos, Burritos
- Song: Jiya Jale from the movie “Dil Se” (1998)
- She likes enjoying tennis, studying, and dancing.
- According to her, her father was very abusive in the direction of her mom and likewise very controlling. He directed her household in what they need to put on to what they need to do. When he grew to become too violent, her mom left with each her and her sister. However, as a consequence of this, her music instructor refused to show music to Vidya.
- Growing up within the US wasn’t simple for Vidya, as being an Indian, she was not accepted in her faculty.
Growing up within the US as an Indian wasn’t simple. I used to be teased about Indian meals and the color of my pores and skin and why my knees and elbows have been darkish”
- Being an Indian and dwelling within the US, she skilled the combo of each the cultures whereas rising up. Talking about it, she mentioned,
It was very attention-grabbing. It at all times felt like two completely different worlds. At house, I’d be singing bhajans and kritis, consuming dosa and sambar, however once I went to high school, I’d be listening to Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child, Usher and consuming pizza. That tug between each cultures was one thing I used to be intimidated by”
- During Vidya’s Pre-med research, she opened her YouTube channel and began to submit movies on them. After her commencement, she determined to decide on music as her profession.
- Her pseudonym ‘Vox’ means ‘Voice’ in Latin. The identify got here to her when she realized that Shankar used to avoid wasting her voice recording as ‘Vidya Vox.’
- She is fluent in Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi, and French languages.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to straight learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.