Vijay Arora was an Indian movie and tv actor who’s greatest recognized for his function in Zeenat Aman-starring Bollywood movie “Yadon Ki Baaraat” (1973), He can be recognized for portraying ‘Meghnad Indrajit’ in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic television series ‘Ramayan’ (1987).
Vijay Arora was born on Wednesday, 27 December 1944 (age 62 years; on the time of demise) in Cutch State, British India. He graduated from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in 1971 with a Gold Medal. Even earlier than FTII, he had tried to get work within the movie trade, however he was urged to first get himself groomed in appearing after which ask for work, and that was the rationale that he joined the FTII. In an interview, whereas speaking about it, he mentioned,
When I made a decision to hitch movies, I made a spherical of every studio as soon as. Then I sat again to attend for them. Nobody got here. It was urged to me I first groom myself for the occupation. So I went to the Film Institute, slogged it out for 2 years, took the Gold Medal and was signed up even earlier than I’d graduated.”
Vijay Arora acted in virtually 110 movies and plenty of tv reveals in his profession.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Vijay Arora belonged to a Punjabi Khatri household.
Parents & Siblings
There will not be a lot details about his dad and mom and siblings.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Vijay Arora was married to Dilber Debara (ex-model and Miss India).
His son’s identify is Farhad Vijay Arora who’s a promoter for Ferrari and Maserati automobiles in India.
Vijay Arora made his debut with “Zaroorat” (1972) alongside one other newcomer Reena Roy.
In the identical yr, he appeared in ‘Rakhi Aur Hathkadi’ (1972) alongside Asha Parekh.
In 1973, he appeared together with the guitar-strumming Zeenat Aman in “Yaadon Ki Baaraat,” a movie that made him a family identify in India.
The romantic music, “Chura Liya Hai,” that includes Zeenat Aman and Vijay Arora remains to be remembered for its melody.
In 1973, he additionally appeared in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s movie ‘Sabse Bada Sukh.’ In 1974, he appeared within the movie “Roti” alongside Rajesh Khanna.
His movie ‘Jeevan Jyoti’ (1976) was a shock hit of the yr wherein he performed the lead function.
Vijay Arora went on to look in lots of extra movies, similar to Sargam (1979), Bade Dil Wala (1983), 100 Days (1991), Jaan Tere Naam (1991), and his final movie Indian Babu (2003). Vijay Arora did a couple of horror movies too, similar to Veerana (1988), Purani Haveli (1989), and Aakhri Cheekh (1991). Vijay Arora additionally appeared in a couple of Gujarati movies, like ‘Dikri Ane Gai Dore Tiva Jaye’ (1979) and ‘Lekh Na Mathe Mekh’ (1981).
After experiencing successive failures in movies, it was the small display screen that gave him a brand new id when he performed the function of “Meghnad” in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic tv sequence “Ramayan” (1988). Meghnad was the son of Ravan (portrayed by Arvind Trivedi), and his dialogues as Meghnad grew to become highly regarded among the many viewers.
After Ramayan, Vijay appeared in lots of tv reveals, together with “Bharat Ek Khoj” (1988) directed by Shyam Benegal wherein he appeared as Prince Salim/Emperor Jahangir.
On 2 February 2007 (Friday), Vijay Arora died of abdomen most cancers at his residence in Mumbai. He had been affected by an intestinal ailment for the previous couple of months. After his demise, his spouse, Dilber went into extreme despair and will solely recuperate after an extended Homeopath remedy. While speaking about Dilber’s trauma, Vijay and Dilber’s son, Farhad says,
She grew to become very absent minded and simply blanked out at instances. There have been days when she would ignite the kitchen fuel burner and are available out leaving it on, with out something to cook dinner on it. She would break down once we went to locations we frequented along with dad. She didn’t need to meet or speak to dads pals, like Jackie Shroff, Govinda, Danny Denzongpa, Bappi Lahiri and his son Bappa who’re nonetheless in common contact with us. All she wished to do was really feel dads presence round her. She tremendously missed his consideration , love, care and help.”
Facts & Trivia
- He is usually confused with one other Vijay Arora who’s a cinematographer.
- After ‘Yadon Ki Baaraat,’ Vijay Arora had change into the main actors in Bollywood and was thought of the following famous person. Even Rajesh Khanna himself admitted that it was Vijay Arora who had the potential to exchange him because the famous person in Bollywood at the moment.
- The years after “Chura Liya Hai” have been extra a downslide slope for Vijay Arora, and he slowly disappeared into oblivion. Just a couple of months earlier than his demise, he talked about his appearing profession and mentioned,
I by no means tried making a comeback, I by no means tried to foyer for roles. I by no means believed in being part of the trade politics. It was all the time my selection to simply accept or reject roles. Even right now I’m supplied roles in A-grade films and TV serials. But I don’t need to do roles which don’t go well with my age or painting me in an immoral and disgraceful method – particularly in these sleaze flicks that are disrespectful of girls. I don’t thoughts roles with destructive shades, taking part in the sadistic villain or a betrayer. In truth, I really like them.”
- He was the primary in India who used the International Organization for Standardization 9000 requirements to make advertisements and documentary movies.
- He had his personal software program home, which produced advert movies and company movies.
- Vijay did many occasions for the Gem and Jewellery Council of India.
- He was additionally the promoter of a number of imported merchandise like acupuncture massagers and non-electric industrial ventilators.
- Vijay manufactured taking part in playing cards for varied Indian companies and even sourced them to Warner Brothers for the film Superman.
- He liked serving to college students develop the talent and artwork of appearing.
- Vikay Arora was closely into yoga, well being, and health.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.