Age: 62 Years
Death Date: 02/02/2007
Wife: Dilber Debara
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Arora
- Vijay Arora was an Indian movie and tv actor who’s greatest recognized for portraying “Meghnad” in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan. He can also be recognized for his movie “Yadon Ki Baaraat” alongside Zeenat Aman.
- He is commonly mistaken as one other Vijay Arora who’s a cinematographer.
- He was born right into a middle-class Punjabi Khatri household in Cutch State, British India.
- Arora’s solely son, Farhad Vijay Arora is a promoter for Ferrari and Maserati automobiles in India.
- He graduated with a gold medal from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in 1971.
- He had tried to get work within the movie trade even earlier than attending the FTII. However, he didn’t get work at the moment and had been suggested to first get himself groomed in appearing. While speaking about it in an interview, he mentioned,
When I made a decision to affix movies, I made a spherical of every studio as soon as. Then I sat again to attend for them. Nobody got here. It was prompt to me I first groom myself for the career. So I went to the Film Institute, slogged it out for 2 years, took the Gold Medal and was signed up even earlier than I’d graduated.”
- He made his debut with “Zaroorat” (1972) alongside one other newcomer Reena Roy.
- The yr 1973 introduced him the much-awaited success when he appeared in “Yadon Ki Baaraat” alongside the guitar-strumming Zeenat Aman. This movie established him as some of the sought-after actors in Bollywood at the moment.
- The music “Chura Liya Hai,” that includes Zeenat Aman and Vijay Arora in “Yadon Ki Baaraat” went on to turn out to be some of the romantic renditions.
- Yadon Ki Baarat had established him among the many main actors in Bollywood. Even Rajesh Khanna had acknowledged his stardom and had admitted that Arora may exchange him because the celebrity in Bollywood.
- In 1973, he appeared in one other movie, “Phagun,” alongside Jaya Bhaduri and Waheeda Rehman who performed his spouse and mother-in-law, respectively.
- In the identical yr, he did Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s movie ‘Sabse Bada Sukh.’
- In 1974, he obtained the chance to work alongside Rajesh Khanna in “Roti.”
- In 1976, Vijay Arora’s movie ‘Jivan Jyoti’ grew to become a shock hit of the yr during which he performed the lead position.
- In his profession, he did greater than 110 movies, together with Sargam (1979), Bade Dil Wala (1983), 100 Days (1991), Jaan Tere Naam (1991), and his final movie Indian Babu (2003).
- Vijay additionally appeared in a number of horror movies, reminiscent of Veerana (1988), Purani Haveli (1989), and Aakhri Cheekh (1991).
- He additionally did some Gujarati movies, like ‘Dikri Ane Gai Dore Tiva Jaye’ (1979) and ‘Lekh Na Mathe Mekh’ (1981).
- Reportedly, Vijay Arora had turn out to be a sufferer of politics within the movie trade and had been sidelined by the movie fraternity, and it was the small display screen that gave him a second wave of success when he appeared in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan (1987).
- In Ramayan, he appeared as “Meghnad” who was the son of Ravan (portrayed by Arvind Trivedi). Meghnad’s dialogues grew to become highly regarded among the many viewers.
- After Ramayan, Vijay did many tv reveals, together with “Bharat Ek Khoj” (1988) directed by Shyam Benegal during which he appeared as Prince Salim/Emperor Jahangir.
- Arora is taken into account the primary Indian who used the International Organization for Standardization 9000 requirements to make adverts and documentary movies.
- He had a software program home, which produced advert movies and company movies.
- He additionally did many occasions for the Gem and Jewellery Council of India.
- Vijay was the promoter of a number of imported merchandise like acupuncture massagers and non-electric industrial ventilators.
- He additionally manufactured enjoying playing cards for varied Indian firms and even sourced them to Warner Brothers for the film Superman.
- Vijay at all times loved assist college students in creating their abilities and artwork of appearing.
- He was very specific about his well being and health and beloved to do yoga.
- After affected by a continual gut ailment, he died on the morning of two February 2007 at his residence in Mumbai.
- After Vijay’s loss of life, his spouse, Dilber went into trauma and will solely recuperate after a protracted Homeopath remedy. While speaking about it n an interview, Vijay Arora’ son, Farhad mentioned,
She grew to become very absent minded and simply blanked out at instances. There have been days when she would ignite the kitchen fuel burner and are available out leaving it on, with out something to cook dinner on it. She would break down after we went to locations we frequented along with dad. She didn’t need to meet or discuss to dads pals, like Jackie Shroff, Govinda, Danny Denzongpa, Bappi Lahiri and his son Bappa who’re nonetheless in common contact with us. All she needed to do was really feel dads presence round her. She tremendously missed his consideration , love, care and help.”
- Just a number of months earlier than his loss of life, whereas speaking about his appearing profession, he mentioned,
I by no means tried making a comeback, I by no means tried to foyer for roles. I by no means believed in being part of the trade politics. It was at all times my alternative to just accept or reject roles. Even at the moment I’m supplied roles in A-grade motion pictures and TV serials. But I don’t need to do roles which don’t go well with my age or painting me in an immoral and disgraceful method – particularly in these sleaze flicks that are disrespectful of girls. I don’t thoughts roles with destructive shades, enjoying the sadistic villain or a betrayer. In truth, I really like them.”
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.