Age: 93 Years
Death Date: 21/12/2007
Some Lesser Known Facts About Teji Bachchan
- Teji Bachchan was an Indian social activist who’s greatest recognized for being the mom of the Shahenshah of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan. She can also be recognized for being the spouse of one of the vital celebrated Indian poets, Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- Teji was born into an prosperous Punjabi Khatri household of Lahore.
- Her father, Khazan Singh Suri was a well-known Barrister in British India.
- She had developed an curiosity in literature, particularly poems, at an early age, and she or he spent most of her childhood and adolescence studying the literary works of latest students.
- She had a love marriage with the famous Indian poet, Harivansh Rai Bachchan. When she first met him, he was a professor of English at Allahabad University whereas she was educating psychology at Khoob Chand Degree College, Lahore, Punjab, British India (present-day Punjab, Pakistan).
- Teji and Harivansh Rai Bachchan first met on the residence of one of many buddies of Harivansh Rai in Bareilly named Prakash. According to sources, Prakash had invited Harivansh Rai to his residence with out telling him the explanation and when Harivansh Rai reached Prakash’s residence, Prakash launched him to Teji as one of many admirers of his poems from Lahore. When Harivansh Rai first noticed Teji, he immediately fell in awe of her magnificence. While describing her magnificence, he as soon as mentioned,
वह कोई स्त्री नहीं, बल्कि सर झुकाए कोई यूनानी देवी खड़ी थी। जैसे किसी पुरानी किताब का कोई चित्र जीवंत हो उठा हो।”
- Teji and Harivansh Rai’s love blossomed, and after relationship for some time, they bought married to one another in 1941.
- Teji had a eager curiosity in music and poetry, and she or he herself was a talented theater artist and singer.
- After getting married to Haribvansh Rai, she arrange a house in Allahabad alongside along with her husband the place they’d develop into a preferred socialite. The couple would usually sing at numerous social gatherings, they usually earned acclaim as a “singing duo.”
- Teji confirmed her novice performing expertise with a number of troupes in Allahabad and Delhi. She additionally carried out in Shakespeare’s performs translated by Harivansh Rai, resembling Macbeth and Othello. She even performed “Lady Macbeth” within the Hindi adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth by Harivansh Rai.
- During their keep in Delhi within the late ’50s, Teji had develop into a confidant of Indira Gandhi, and this relationship between the Bachchan-Gandhi Family went a good distance.
- When Sonia Gandhi arrived in India because the “Bahu” of the Gandhi Family, it was Teji Bachchan who performed because the godmother of Sonia and most of her wedding ceremony rituals had been carried out on the Bachchan’s residence. Teji additionally taught Sonia about Indian customs. While reminiscing Teji Bachchan, Sonia Gandhi mentioned in a 1985 interview –
I got here to study rather a lot from them. Teji aunty is my second… no, my third mom (after her personal mom and mother-in-law Indira Gandhi). Amit and Bunty (Ajitabh) are my brothers.”
- According to sources, when Indira Gandhi was reluctant over the Rajiv-Sonia marriage, it was Teji who had persuaded her to let Rajiv Gandhi marry Sonia.
- Even after her marriage, Sonia Gandhi stayed briefly on the Bachchan’s residence alongside along with her relations.
- Due to Amitabh Bachchan‘s identify in Bofors Scam, the Gandhi-Bachchan relationship developed a pressure, and from then onwards, it had by no means been the identical.
- Teji Bachchan was purported to guess the particular person behind making Amitabh Bachchan a star. It was, in actual fact, Teji who guided Amitabh to selected performing as a profession; opposite to Harivansh Rai who needed him to focus on his research. Amitabh revealed this reality in an interview and mentioned,
She launched me to theatre, movies and music .. and to ballroom dancing .. took me to the ground at Gaylords, that common restaurant in Connaught Place Delhi, one night.”
- Teji additionally persuaded Indira Gandhi to ask the famend actress Nargis to provide a suggestion letter for Amitabh within the movie business.
- She was so concerned in Amitabh’s skilled life that she would usually recommend a factor or two to the filmmakers. For occasion, she requested Manmohan Desai to alter the ending of “Coolie;” as within the unique script, Amitabh’s character was purported to die.
- Even after having an Anglicized background, Teji ensured that her kids had been outfitted in Indian tradition. She raised her kids in a disciplined method and had framed a strict agenda; each for Amitabh and Ajitabh.
- It is claimed that Amitabh, even after changing into a star, was such an obedient son that he would all the time search his mom’s permission earlier than going anyplace.
- Teji largely referred to as Amitabh by his nickname “Munna.” In an interview, whereas speaking about Munna, she mentioned,
One day when Munna, after working for 22 hours, got here again residence, Bachchanji instructed him, ‘Dekho Munna ek roti bhi bahut hain.’ Munna replied, ‘Dad mujhe aaj bhi yaad hain, foremost bhoolta nahin, aap kehte the roti badi mushkil se milti hain, aaj foremost kehta hoon paise badi mushkil se milta hai.”
- Amitabh Bachchan was so near his mom that he usually shares emotional notes for her on his social media accounts. In one such observe, he wrote –
Its Mother’s beginning Anniversary .. August 12 .. once you failed she consoled and gave hope .. once you succeeded she wept .. until her final days she insisted on realizing whether or not I had eaten .. and when going out, to advise, to not be late .. I had grandchildren by then .. however that’s Mother !!”
- While reminiscing Teji Bachchan, Amitabh revealed on his Facebook account that she used to sing Gurbani (hymn) to him. In his submit on Facebook, he wrote –
Those early years in Allahabad, when Ma recited and sang the everlasting pious and divine phrases of the Gurbani, in my ears… ‘tati vaar na jaavaee.”
- According to sources, Harivansh Rai Bachchan was very near Jawaharlal Nehru, and at any time when it got here to introduce Teji and Harivansh Rai Bachchan at numerous social gatherings, Jawaharlal Nehru had his personal model; whereas pointing in the direction of Harivansh Rai and Teji, Nehru would say “He is a poet” and “This is his poem,” respectively.
- In 1973, Teji was appointed as one of many administrators of the Film Finance Corporation (now, National Film Development Corporation of India).
- Teji cherished to attend the premiers of Amitabh Bachchan‘s movies.
- After a chronic sickness, she died on the age of 93 on 21 December 2007 at 1.05 pm at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai. Many celebrities throughout the nation attended her funeral.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to straight learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.