Pratap Pothen (1952-2022) was an Indian actor, director, scriptwriter, producer, and filmmaker. On 15 July 2022, he handed away of pure causes at his condo in Chennai.
Pratap Pothan was born on Wednesday, 13 August 1952 (age 69 years; on the time of loss of life) in Trivandrum, Kerala. He did his education at The Lawrence School, Lovedale, Tamil Nadu.
In 1972, he accomplished BA in Economics from Madras Christian College, Chennai. He used to take part in portray competitions at school. In faculty, he joined a theatre group and from there he began creating an curiosity in appearing.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kolathinkal Pothan, was a businessman. Pratap had 5 siblings. His elder brothers’ names are Hari Pothen (movie producer) and Mohan Pothen. One of his sisters’ names is Devi Pothen.
Wife & Children
In 1985, he acquired married to the well-known South Indian actress-producer Raadhika Sarathkumar, however the couple acquired divorced in 1986.
In 1990, he acquired married to Amala Satyanath, a normal supervisor with Tata group in Mumbai. The couple has a daughter named Keya. In 2012, Pratap acquired divorced from his second spouse Amala.
According to his Facebook account, he was an agnostic.
He began his profession as a theatre artist. He joined a theatre group named The Madras Players and carried out in lots of theatre performs. While he was performing within the theatre play Androcles and the Lion, he was noticed by the Indian filmmaker Bharathan, who supplied Pratap the position of Kokkarakko within the Malayalam movie Aaravam (1978).
He appeared in lots of Malayalam movies corresponding to ‘Thakara’ (1979), ‘Chamaram’ (1980), ‘Sindoora Sandhyakku Mounam’ (1982), ‘Once Upon A Time There Was A Kallan’ (2014), and ‘Forensic’ (2020).
He made his debut in Tamil movies with ‘Azhiyadha Kolangal’ (1979) as Indumathi’s husband.
He acted in numerous Tamil movies like ‘Ilamai Kolam’ (1980), ‘Kudumbam Oru Kadambam’ (1981), ‘Echchil Iravugal’ (1982), ‘Aayirathil Oruvan’ (2010), and ‘Kamali From Nadukkaveri’ (2021). Pratap made his Telugu debut with the movie ‘Aakali Rajyam’ (1981) as Pratap.
His different Telugu movies are ‘Kanchana Ganga’ (1984), ‘Justice Chakravarthy’ (1984), ‘Chukkallo Chandrudu’ (2006), ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ (2015), and ‘Veedevadu’ (2017). In 1988, he debuted as a author with the Tamil movie ‘Solla Thudikuthu Manasu.’ His debut Tamil movie as a director is ‘Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai’ (1985), and after nearly two years, he directed his debut Malayalam movie Rithubhedam (1987). Some of his movies as a author and director are ‘Jeeva’ (1988), ‘My Dear Marthandan’ (1990), ‘Magudam’ (1992), ‘Seevalaperi Pandi’ (1994), and ‘Lucky Man’ (1995). Pratap began his advert company “Green Apple” and directed TV commercials for MRF Tyres and Nippo. In 2007, he performed the position of Okay. R. Menon I.A.S. within the Hindi movie ‘Guru.’ He acted within the Kalaignar TV serial ‘Naalaya Iyakkunar’ in 2009.
- 1979: Filmfare Awards South for Best Actor (Malayalam) for Thakara
- 1980: Filmfare Awards South for Best Actor (Malayalam) for Chamaram
- 1984: National Film Award for Best Debut Film of a Director for the movie Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai
- 1987: Filmfare Awards South for Best Director (Malayalam) for Rithubhedam
- 2012: South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Actor in a Negative Role (Malayalam) for 22 Female Kottayam
- 2012: Vanitha Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor for Ayalum Njanum Thammil
- 2013: Asianet Film Awards for Special Jury Mention for appearing for Idukki Gold 3 Dots
- 2014: Kerala State Film Award for Special Jury Award for appearing for Once upon a Time There was a Kallan
On 15 July 2022, he took his final breath at his residence in Chennai. He died of pure causes. On his demise, the well-known Indian actor Kamal Hassan mentioned,
I’ve seen how he was additionally adept at directing fast-paced motion pictures when he directed ‘Vetrivizha’. My condolences.”
- Before making his profession as an actor, he labored as a copywriter with just a few advert companies like Sistas advert company and Hindustan Thomson.
- Pratap used to smoke and drink alcohol.
- He was a canine lover and owned a pet canine.
- According to his Facebook account, his favorite quote was,
Where there is no such thing as a wind. Row!!!”
- Pratap used to comply with a non-vegetarian eating regimen.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a laptop program and has not been created by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Original Publishing entity. In case of any discrepancy within the content material and also you need the content material to be modified, please attain out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org