Padma Khanna is a veteran Indian actress who’s finest identified for portraying “Kaikeyi” in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic tv sequence “Ramayan.”
Padma Khanna was born on Thursday, 10 March 1949 (age 71 years; as in 2020) in Patna, Bihar. She spent most of her childhood in Varanasi. By the age of seven, she had began studying Kathak.
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
There isn’t a lot details about her mother and father and siblings.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Padma Khanna was married to the late movie director Jagdish L. Sidana. Their marriage passed off in 1986.
She has a daughter Neha Sidana and a son Akshar Sidana.
At the age of twelve, she made her debut with the Bhojpuri movie “Bhaiya” in 1961. Thereafter, she appeared in one other Bhojpuri movie ‘Ganga Maiyya Tohe Piyari Chadhaibo’ (1962).
Padma has many extra Bhojpuri movies to her title, corresponding to Bidesiya (1963), Balam Pardesia (1979), and Mai (1989). She made her Bollywood debut with the movie ‘Biwi Aur Makaan’ (1966). However, she rose to fame after showing within the Bollywood movie ‘Johny Mera Naam’ (1970) by which she performed the scorching, flamboyant cabaret dancer.
Padma Khanna has appeared in lots of extra widespread Bollywood movies, like Pakeezah (1972), Saudagar (1973), and Hera Pheri (1976). In 1977, she appeared in her solely Gujarati movie ‘Gher Gher Maati na chula.’ Padma Khanna made her Punjabi debut with the movie ‘Jindri Yaar Di’ (1978). She additionally appeared in one other Punjabi movie ‘Sher Puttar’ (1978). She made her Marathi debut with the movie ‘Devta’ (1983) by which she had a cameo look within the tune “Khel Kunala Daivacha Kalala.” In 1986, she appeared in one other Marathi movie ‘Maaficha Sakshidar’ by which she did a cameo within the tune “Shama Ne Jab Aag.”
She made her tv debut with Ramanand Sagar‘s epic tv sequence Ramayan (1987) by which she performed the position of “Kaikeyi,” one of many queens of Raja Dashrath (performed by Bal Dhuri). Her intense efficiency as Kaikeyi in Ramayan made her a family title in India.
- It was the dancing actresses like Padmini and Vyjayanthimala who inspired her to maneuver to Bombay to make a profession in movies. While speaking about it Padma says,
I used to study Kathak from the age of seven and dancing actresses like Padmini and Vyjayanthimala initiated the thought of coming to Bombay.”
- When her debut Bhojpuri movie failed on the field workplace, she returned to her hometown Varanasi. Later, on the insistence of Gopi Krishna, she once more got here to Bombay. She says,
I couldn’t regulate to the movie atmosphere and so I went again to Benaras. I returned a few months later on the insistence of Gopi Krishna Bhaiya and this time it was to remain.”
- Padma Khanna performed the physique double of Meena Kumari in Pakeezah (1972).
- She rose to fame after doing Saudagar (1973) alongside Amitabh Bachchan.
- In the preliminary days of her profession, she largely did tender, mild village woman roles in movies, corresponding to ‘Saaz Aur Awaz,’ ‘Baharon Ke Sapne,’ ‘Aashirwad,’ ‘Rahgir,’ and ‘Heer Ranjha.’
- After doing Johny Mera Naam, she was typecast into vampish/damaging roles all through her profession within the ’70s and ’80s.
- She has acted in additional than 400 movies in numerous languages.
- After getting married to Jagdish L. Sidana in 1986, she left performing. (Patrika))
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to straight learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.