Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 64 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nivedita Menon
- Nivedita Menon is an Indian author and professor who is understood for elevating anti-national slogans in the course of the protests in JNU in March 2016 on the Kashmir battle.
- In 2009, she began educating on the International Studies School of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi. Before she began working at Jawaharlal Nehru University, she used to show on the Political Science Department of Delhi University for seven years and Lady Shri Ram College for 15 years.
- In the 1980s, when there have been protests towards magnificence contests in Delhi University, she changed it with a Freshers’ Talent Contest in college.
- In an interview, she talked about how she realized about problems with sexuality and politics. She stated that she was influenced by the work of worldwide feminists like Betty Friednan, Germaine Greer and Gloria Steinem.
- She has written and edited many books about feminism and politics, together with Recovering Subversion: Feminist Politics Beyond the Law (2004).
- In 2012, when there have been protests towards Delhi gang rape, she launched a e book titled ‘Seeing Like a Feminist’ that gained plenty of recognition.
- On 18 October 2016, she wrote an article in a newspaper wherein she criticized the Uniform civil code (UCC). In the article, she wrote,
The discuss of a Uniform Civil Code has nothing to do with gender justice. It has completely to do with a Hindu nationalist agenda to ‘discipline’ Muslims.”
- In 2022, a film titled ‘The Kashmir Files’ was launched. In the movie, actress Pallavi Joshi portrayed the position of Nivedita Menon, however the identify of her character was Radhika Menon within the movie, a JNU professor who provokes her scholar to battle for ‘Kashmir’s freedom.’
- She has written varied articles on feminism and gender equality. Some of them embrace ‘Is Feminism about Women?,’ ‘Anti-Corruption Movement and the Left,’ ‘The Postnational Condition,’ and ‘Radical Resistance and Political Violence Today.’
- In an interview, she talked about why individuals blame ladies’ attire for getting raped. She stated,
The notion of selection isn’t sufficient to reply this as a result of such freedom of selection is at all times exercised inside strict boundaries which might be non-negotiable — class, race, caste and gender-based. Women do make decisions however not in circumstances of their very own making. And usually, ladies select choices that go towards normative feminist values. Here, we see the contradiction between two core beliefs of feminism — the assumption within the autonomy of girls versus the hegemony of dominant values that constrain the liberty to decide on.”
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to straight learn the story from the Original Publishing entity. In case of any discrepancy within the content material and also you need the content material to be modified, please attain out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org