Nitish Bharadwaj is without doubt one of the most profitable and recognizable faces on Indian tv who turned the poster boy of Indian mythology after portraying Lord Krishna in B. R. Chopra’s epic historic drama Mahabharat within the late ’80s.
Nitish Bharadwaj was born on Sunday, 2 June 1963 (age 56 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His zodiac signal is Gemini. He did his education from Mumbai’s Gokhle Training Society’s DGT Excessive Faculty and Robert Cash Faculty, Proctor Highway. Thereafter, he pursued his B.Sc. from Wilson School in Mumbai (1977 – 1979). He additionally holds a bachelor’s diploma in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry from Bombay Veterinary School (1979 – 1983). He had a middle-class upbringing in Mumbai, which was enriched by the information of scriptures; as his mom was an educationist and had her personal library at house, which gave Nitish a possibility to entry a number of books and he learn plenty of literature on Krishna; earlier than getting the function of Krishna in Mahabharat. After doing many Marathi performs and movies, he rocketed to fame by portraying Lord Krishna in B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat.
After Mahabharat, he didn’t get a lot success within the Indian movie and tv business, then he moved to London the place he did many performs and radio exhibits.
Peak (approx.): 6′
Eye Color: Hazel Brown
Hair Color: Black
Household & Caste
Nitish Bharadwaj comes from a Hindu Brahmin household.
Mother and father & Siblings
His late father, Janardan C. Upadhyay, belonged to a priestly household and was an eminent lawyer in Mumbai. His father was a detailed aide of George Fernandes within the labour motion within the ’60s and ’70s. His late mom, Sadhana Upadhyay was the Head of Marathi Literature division in Wilson School, Mumbai. She was very near classical music and Marathi literature. His mom’s demise had a traumatic impact on Nitish. Whereas speaking about his mom in an interview, he mentioned,
My mom was skilled in classical music. She was additionally a professor of Marathi literature. She had acquired a PhD in Dnyaneshwari (a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita). On her demise mattress, she mentioned, I’ve fulfilled all my duties as a spouse, mom and individual. Don’t waste your time, power, cash on rituals after I’m gone.”
Relationships, Spouse & Youngsters
He has married twice. He first bought married on 27 December 1991 to Monisha Patil (daughter of Vimla Patil, then editor of Femina), and his second marriage occurred in 2009 with Smita Gate (an IAS officer). Nitish and Monisha bought divorced in 2005, and since then, the estranged couple has stored their separation a intently guarded secret. Nitish discovered love a second time when he met Smita Gate first in Pune; adopted by a gathering in Madhya Pradesh. Whereas speaking about his assembly with Smita, in an interview, that he gave simply earlier than his marriage, he mentioned,
Initially, we knew one another as pals. Now we have a standard household buddy who requested to think about marrying one another. We thought of it and met a few occasions after that. We discovered that we had been very appropriate and therefore we’re going forward with the wedding.”
Nitish has a son and a daughter along with his first spouse Monisha Patil; each his kids dwell with Monisha in London. He has twin daughters with Smita Gate – Devyani (identify of a queen within the Mahabharata) and Shivranjani (a raag).
Nitish Bharadwaj is an expert veterinary surgeon and earlier than making his debut as an actor in movies and tv, he had labored as an assistant veterinarian at a racecourse in Mumbai; nonetheless, he didn’t discover it attention-grabbing and left the job; contemplating it a monotonous one. Whereas speaking about it, he says,
Everybody in my household wished me to grow to be a physician. I didn’t wish to grow to be a human physician so I turned a veterinary surgeon as a result of I like horses and tigers.”
Since his school days, he was keen about appearing and had acted and directed many performs. Throughout his school days, he additionally skilled in a Mumbai-based kids’s theatre organisation referred to as Little Theatre. In an interview, whereas speaking about his ardour for appearing, he mentioned,
Within the appearing sphere, each new play gave me one thing to do and you end up after each new undertaking. I made a decision sooner or later that that is my ardour and wish to dwell this for the remainder of my life.”
Nitish began his appearing profession in Marathi theatre, and it was there that he met the favored Indian actor Ravi Baswani who launched him to Hindi theatre and took him to Dinesh Thakur who inducted Nitish into his group referred to as ‘Ankh.’ Earlier than Mahabharat occurred, he had already debuted in Hindi and Marathi movies. He made his Marathi debut with the movie “Khatyal Sasu Nathal Solar” in 1987 alongside Varsha Usgaonkar.
His Hindi debut was in 1988 with the movie “Trishagni.”
He additionally appeared in a Malayalam movie ‘Njan Gandharvan’ (1991).
Nitish made his tv debut in 1988 with B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat.
He had initially auditioned for the function of Vidhur in Mahabharat, however he was a misfit for the function; as he was simply 23 on the time and the character demanded an outdated individual in a lot of the episodes. Later, he was provided the roles of Nakul and Sahdev, however he refused them. Lastly, when he was provided the function of Lord Krishna, he declined that too. Recollecting the reminiscence about how he landed the function of Krishna, he says,
B R Chopra, Ravi Chopra, (screenplay author) Pandit Narendra Sharma and (dialogue author) Rahi Masoom Raza weren’t proud of whoever they’d chosen to play Krishna. Raviji had already performed two or three adverts with me, just like the Philips transistor and Allwyn watches, together with Govinda and he knew me as an actor. Even Gufi (Gufi Paintal who performed Shakuni mama in Mahabharat) knew me as an actor, in order that they referred to as me for an additional audition for Krishna.”
When requested about his reservations to simply accept the function of Krishna, he says,
I had reservations about myself as I used to be too younger to play Krishna, who was the fulcrum of the entire story.”
When Nitish lastly accepted the function of Lord Krishna, B. R. Chopra referred to as him and mentioned,
You’re the fulcrum of the serial. When you fail, I fail.”
His efficiency within the first eight episodes didn’t get a lot appreciation. When the primary episode was aired, B. R. Chopra once more referred to as him and mentioned,
Beta, bahut cellphone aaye hain aur unfavorable bol rahe hain. Yeh Krishna to fail hogaya.”
After the ‘Subhadra Haran’ episode (the episode the place Krishna helps Arjun kidnap his woman love Subhadra), the function of Lord Krishna was began getting seen by the viewers, and the remaining is historical past.
After Mahabharat, he appeared in just a few extra tasks of B. R. Chopra, resembling Vishnu Puran (2003) and Ramayan (2003). Thereafter, he additionally did a few movies, however all of them failed on the field workplace. After these failures, he determined to maneuver to London, which was opposite to his dad or mum’s views; a choice that he nonetheless regrets for. He says,
I blame solely myself for no matter occurred in my life. I used to be too younger and didn’t take heed to my dad and mom. I bought married and went to London.”
Throughout his 4 years keep in London, he did many French theatres in English. There, he additionally did many programmes on Bhagwad Gita and Ramayan for Radio 4. In 2013, he made his debut as a author and director with the Marathi movie “Pitru Roon.”
He has additionally appeared in just a few widespread Bollywood movies, resembling Mohenjo Daro (2016) during which labored alongside Hrithik Roshan and Kedarnath (2018) during which he performed the function of the daddy of Mukku (Sara Ali Khan).
After returning to India from London in 1995, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Get together (BJP) and got here into the energetic politics. Driving excessive as Lord Krishna in B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat, Nitish Bharadwaj clinched a Lok Sabha seat within the 1996 Lok Sabha Elections from Jamshedpur in Bihar (now in Jharkhand); a state the place he had by no means visited earlier than in his life. And like Arvind Trivedi (portrayed Ravan in Ramayan) and Deepika Chikhalia (portrayed Sita in Ramayan), he turned yet one more mythological trump card for the BJP. Though he additionally contested from the Rajgarh seat, he misplaced that. Within the 1999 Lok Sabha elections, he misplaced to Laxman Singh (brother of the then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Digvijaya Singh).
In 2007, he stop politics; as he didn’t think about himself appropriate for the career, He says,
Politics is an influence sport. All events are the identical. They use ideologies to woo voters. I withdrew due to the issues one has to do to stay in politics. You’ve bought to promote your soul. I wasn’t prepared to try this. That approach you solely accumulate dangerous karma.”
For his Marathi movie Pitru Roon (2013)
- Display Awards for Finest Director in 2014
- Sahyadri Movie Awards for Finest Screenplay Author for Marathi function movie in 2014
- Maharashtra State Movie Awards for 2nd Finest Director in 2014
- Maharashtra State Movie Awards for 2nd Finest Movie in 2014
Info & Trivia
- Nitish follows a vegetarian weight-reduction plan.
- In his leisure time, he loves doing yoga and meditation, studying, travelling, and listening to music.
- In an interview, he revealed that he by no means smoked or consumed alcohol.
- Initially, his father didn’t approve of his resolution to make a profession in appearing; as he thought that such professions wanted a godfather within the business.
- Even earlier than taking part in the function of Lord Krishna in Mahabharat, he had been following the teachings of Bhagwad Gita, which can be his favorite scripture.
- The character of Lord Krishna in B. R. Chopra rocketed him to fame, and other people had began touching his toes wherever he would go.
- When Nitish was learning in class, he bought an opportunity to go to a number of movie units; as one among his neighbours was from the FTII, and together with him, he typically visited Filmistan, Filmalaya, and RK Studio.
- Throughout his faculty days, he bought an opportunity to see Meenakshi Seshadri‘s shoot of Painter Babu. Later, he bought an opportunity to work alongside her within the movie ‘Nache Nagin Gali Gali’ (1989) and when he informed Meenakshi in regards to the incident, she was stunned to his detailing about that shoot.
- Throughout his preliminary days in theatre appearing, he additionally labored as an announcer and newsreader for Bombay Doordarshan.
- The Lord Krishna’s character portrayed by Nitish had grow to be so phenomenal that it had a ripple impact in every single place, be it megacities, cities, or villages. He obtained comparable remedy from individuals who had began touching hist toes wherever he went; identical to they’d been doing with Sudhir Dalvi from the movie ‘Shirdi Ke Sai Baba’ and Arun Govil from Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan. After Mahabharat, Nitish bought many marriage proposals from ladies. On this phenomenon, he says,
I used to be unsure easy methods to take care of it. I knew I needed to have humility and religion. I needed to respect the one who was touching my toes. I by no means let that go to my head.”
- Even the company sector tried to capitalize his Krishna avatar and many individuals from the company sector had even began providing him cash to don the costume of Lord Krishna and bless the individuals at their company features. Nevertheless, he largely declined such gives, he says,
I discovered this humorous and declined all these financial gives as it might degrade Krishna’s character.”
- For his Mahabharat success, Nitish offers credit score to all of the crew of this epic serial. He says, I always inform myself that the lasting impression of my work is 75% as a result of Dr. Rahi Masoom Raza’s dialogues, Chopra Ji’s imaginative and prescient & Raviji’s execution of that imaginative and prescient. My credit score as an actor is nearly 25%.”
- Other than portraying Lord Krishna, he has additionally portrayed Lord Ram alongside Smriti Irani (who performed Sita) in B. R. Chopra’s one other mythological serial Ramayan in 2003.
- In 2002, he co-authored a e book titled “In Quest of God – a journey to Kailash Mansarovar.”
- He additionally held the publish of the Chairman of the Board of Madhya Pradesh Tourism Improvement Company (2004-2005).
- In April 2020, he made his debut on Instagram. He additionally stays very energetic on different social media accounts, resembling Fb and Twitter. He additionally runs a YouTube channel.
- Nitish may be very near nature and owns a small natural farm in Khadakwasla, on the outskirts of Pune. Whereas speaking about it, he says,
It’s absolutely natural, and never even a spoon of inorganic chemical fertilizers would go into that space. I wish to eat and breathe wholesome. It’s a wonderful location overlooking the backwaters of a dam. I wish to meditate over there, wish to spend a while there writing my scripts. It’s like really going to my childhood. Haath mitti mein daalna chahta hun (I wish to put my arms within the soil). I wish to create my very own heaven there. I wish to see these vegetation rising.”
- In March 2020, it was a time for Nitish to re-live the sheer nostalgia when B. R. Chopra’s Mahabharat was re-telecast on Doordarshan amidst the nationwide lockdown within the wake of Corona pandemic.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Unique Publishing entity.