Age: 74 Years
Death Cause: Heart Attack
Wife: Pravinlata Kapoor
|Famous for||He was one in all Hindi cinema’s most outstanding singers. Mahendra Kapoor had a really massive vocal vary, and he’s typically referred to as “The Vibrant Voice of India”. He was the primary Indian playback singer to file music in English.Mahendra Kapoor was one of many golden period singers when Mohd Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Mukesh and Manney Dey was ruling the principle platform of playback singers of the bollywood.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.803 m
in toes & inches– 5’11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-91 kg
in kilos-201 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest:40 inches
– Waist:33 inches
– Biceps:12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film:His debut as a playback singer was in V. Shantaram’s Navrang in 1958, singing Aadha Hai Chandrama Raat Aadhi, underneath the musical path of C. Ramchandra.|
|Last Film||Tawaif (1984)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1972 – Padma Shri
National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer
1968 Won – “Mere Desh Ki Dharti” – Upkar
Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer
1964 Won – “Chalo Ek Bar” – Gumrah
1968 Won – “Neele Gagan Ke Tale” – Hamraaz
1968 Nominated – “Mere Desh Ki Dharti” – Upkar
1975 Won – “Aur Nahi Bus Aur Nahi” – Roti Kapda Aur Makaan
1977 Nominated – “Sunke Teri Pukar” – Fakira
1967 Won – “Mian Tansen Award” – Sati Nari – Tum Nacho Ras Barse
2000 Won – “Bollywood Music Awards- New York” – Life Time Achievement Award
2002 Won – “Lata Mangeshkar Puruskar” – Madhya Pradesh State Award
2008 Won – “Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Award” – Phalke Golden Voice Singer
2008 Won – “Maharashtra State Award” – Life Time Achievement
|Date of Birth||9 January 1934|
|Date of Death||27 September 2008|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, India|
|Age (on the time of demise)||74 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart assault|
|Controversies||•Raj Kapoor as soon as burned his hand for Mahendra Kapoor<a|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (on the time of demise)||Married|
Daughter– Three daughters
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1-2 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahendra Kapoor
- Does Mahendra Kapoor Smoke? : No
- Does Mahendra Kapoor drink alcohol? : No
- Mahendra Kapoor was born in Amritsar, however he quickly shifted to Mumbai. From an early age, he was impressed by Mohammed Rafi and thought of him as his mentor and his inspiration.
- During his faculty days as an immature baby too, he recorded his track from the film ‘Mast’.
- During his school days, he sang for the film Lalkaar, Diwali Ki Ek Raat and Heer.His first track was “Navrang” which was a duet with Asha Bhosle.
- He turned in style for singing songs for music composers like O P Nayyar and Ravi. Mohammed Rafi congratulated him many instances for the standard of his voice; Rafi discovered Mahendra’s voice a bit classical.
- He sang 2500 songs in numerous Indian languages. He was seen for his singing in each film of B.R.Chopra.
- However, Mahendra Kapoor’s breath by means of movie was Yash Chopra’s directorial debut, Dhool Ka Phool (1959), produced by BR Chopra.
- He made his debut in playback singing in V. Shantaram’s Navrang in 1958, singing Aadha Hai Chandrama Raat Aadhi, underneath the musical path of C. Ramchandra.
- He was typically referred to as”The Vibrant Voice Of India”. He was the primary Indian Playback Singer who recorded music in English.
- He sang a lot of the hit songs which have been from B.R. Chopra or Manoj Kumar’s motion pictures. His songs from Bandhan, Shakti, Doli, Ek Nazar, Admi Aur Insaan, Sangam and Tawaif are additionally fairly in style.
- One of B.R. Chopra’s most interesting movies sees a few of Mahendra Kapoor’s greatest ever songs like In Hawaon Mein, Aap Aaye Toh Khayal-e-Dil-e-Nashad Aaya, Aa Bhi Jaa and naturally that gem, Chalo Ek Baar Phir Se Anjnabi Ban Jaayen Hum Dono, arguably his best track ever.
- Mahendra Kapoor additionally sang a duet with Mohammed Rafi. The track was Kaisi Haseen Aaj Baharon Ki Raat from the 1967 movie Aadmi, which was initially recorded as a duet with Rafi and Talat Mehmood.
- Mahendra Kapoor fashioned an especially efficient partnership with Actor-Director Manoj Kumar singing for him in movies like Yaadgar (1970), Purab Aur Paschim (1970), the place some really feel the duo even outdid Mere Desh ki Dharti with Hai Preet Jahan Ki Reet Sada and Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1974), for which he would win his third Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback.
- He can be popularly recognized for devotional songs in numerous languages. He sang the title track in the most well-liked T.V. present ‘Mahabharat’ made within the 1980s.
- Besides Hindi movies, he additionally sang in Marathi movies by which (he was significantly successfully referred to as the ‘voice’ of Dada Kondke!), Gujarati movies, Bhojpuri movies and Punjabi movies. In Punjabi movies the place he was as a rule billed as Mohinder Kapoor, his songs in movies like Yamla Jatt(1960), Jijaji (1961) and Shehar di Kudi (1968) proved to be fairly in style.
- Mahendra Kapoor’s superhit duet with Lata Mangeshkar really confirmed his expertise and melodious voice within the track “Akash Pe Do Taare”.
- He has sung in numerous Indian languages & he was the singer who has carried out within the largest variety of songs in Gujarati, Punjabi, Bhojpuri and Marathi motion pictures.
- His title nonetheless turned most intently related to patriotic songs together with Mere Desh Ki Dharti in Manoj Kumar’s movie Upkaar. primarily based on Lal Bahadur Shashtri’s name of Jai Jawan! Jai Kisan! The track stays one of many best ever patriotic songs within the historical past of Indian cinema and went on to win the National Award for Mahendra Kapoor.
- He lent his voice to actor Manoj Kumar in most of his movies and had a prolonged affiliation with director-producer Baldev Raj Chopra.
- He was married and he had three daughters and one son. His son Rohan Kapoor is an actor and singer, who acted in a number of movies within the 1980s equivalent to Yash Chopra’s Faasle (1985) and Love 86 (1986), and Prakash Mehra’s Immandaar, and later did stage reveals collectively along with his father
- His Notable songs have been: “Tere Pyaar Ka Aasra” – Dhool Ka Phool (1959), “Chalo Ek Baar”- Gumraah (1963), “Aap Aaye Tho Khayal”-Gumrah (1963) and many others.
- In spite of being related to Dada Kondke’s colloquial type, his singing for Marathi motion pictures was not restricted to Dada Kondke’s motion pictures solely.
- All world wide, Mahendra Kapoor is idolised by hundreds of thousands of his followers as The Voice Of Their Nation, India.
- On 27 September 2008, he died as a consequence of a cardiac failure at his dwelling in Mumbai, At that point he was 74 years previous. He was survived by his spouse, youngsters, children-in-law and grandchildren.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a laptop program and has not been created by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Original Publishing entity. In case of any discrepancy within the content material and also you need the content material to be modified, please attain out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org