Hometown: Golaghat, Assam
Age: 24 Years
Weight: 70 Kg
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lovlina Borgohain
- Lovlina Borgohain is an Indian newbie boxer who’s the primary girl from Assam to qualify for the Olympics.
- She is the second boxer from Assam to characterize India in boxing after Shiva Thapa.
- Lovlina’s elder sisters had been each Kickboxers. Lovlina too obtained impressed by them and began Kickboxing when she was in her teenage. Her sisters performed the sport until the nationwide stage however didn’t pursue it past that.
- Later, she took half within the trials held at her faculty by the Sports Authority of India. At the trials, she got here to the discover of the boxing coach Padum Boro. Padum chosen her and commenced her coaching in boxing in 2012.
- Despite being financially unsound, Lovlina’s father struggled loads to assist her.
- She gained a bronze medal on the Asian Boxing Championships in Vietnam in 2017.
- In the identical 12 months, he gained a bronze on the President’s Cup held in Astana.
- In 2018, Lovlina participated within the welterweight class in India Open – a global boxing championship and gained a gold medal. Her win secured her a spot within the Common Wealth Games in 2018.
- Subsequently, she gained a silver medal on the Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia and a bronze medal on the 13th International Silesian Championship in Poland.
- In November 2018, Borgohain gained a bronze medal within the Welterweight (69 kg) class on the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship, held in New Delhi.
- He then gained a bronze on the Women’s World Boxing Championships (2019) in Ulan-Ude, Russia, in 2019.
- In 2020, Lovlina made her place within the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after profitable a bronze medal within the 2020 Asia and Oceania Boxing Olympic qualifiers.
- In her spare time, she likes to journey and watch tv.
- She is keen on cats and retains posting her photos with cats on her Instagram account.
- In 2020, she acquired the Arjuna Award for her efficiency in boxing.
- She works out day by day to keep up her bodily health.
- In an interview, whereas speaking about Lovlina’s peak, her father mentioned,
Since she has all the time been very tall, her associates in class used to make enjoyable of her nevertheless it’s her peak that has helped her grow to be the boxer she is right now, and hopefully, she is going to win a medal in Australia.”
- Lovlina additionally practices meditation to keep up her psychological stability. Talking about it in an interview, Lovlina mentioned,
I had ready very effectively, be it method or health, going into that occasion. And after I misplaced, it was mentally draining for me. Only after that did I notice that bodily prowess was not all that mattered. Playing an enormous match brings with it plenty of stress and I turned conscious of the psychological points of the game. I took to meditation to enhance my psyche and it additionally helped me strategize in between bouts. I began performing higher after that.”
- After Lovlina gained the ticket to the Tokyo Olympics 2020, the chief minister of Assam Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter to congratulate her. He tweeted,
A matter of nice pleasure and delight for us as @LovlinaBorgohai turns into the primary girl pugilist from Assam to qualify for the #Olympics. My heartiest congratulations to you Lovlina. You have our best needs for the massive second. May you proceed to shine and succeed.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a laptop program and has not been created by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to straight learn the story from the Original Publishing entity. In case of any discrepancy within the content material and also you need the content material to be modified, please attain out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org