Golshifteh Farahani is a widely known Iranian actress, singer, and musician. She performed the character of ‘Shansa’ within the Hollywood movie, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,’ in 2017.
Golshifteh Farahani was born on Sunday, 10 July 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019), in Tehran, Iran. Her zodiac signal is Cancer. She did her commencement from Islamic Azad University, Tehran.
Height: 5′ 6½”
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in an Islamic household.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Behzad Farahani is a theatre director and actor. Her mom, Fahimeh Rahim Nia is an actress and painter. Her elder sister, Shaghayegh Farahani is an actress too. Her brother, Azarakhsh Farahani is an actor and music composer.
Relationships, Husband & Children
In 2003, she bought married to the French director and producer, Amin Mahdavi. After eight years of their marriage, the couple bought divorced in 2011.
Reportedly, she bought married to the French actor, Louis Garrel in 2012, and their marriage lasted for less than two years.
She was in a rumoured relationship with the actor and producer, Matthew Silver in 2015.
In the identical 12 months, she bought married to the Australian somatic psychotherapist, Christos Dorje Walker, and after two years of their marriage, they bought divorced.
At the age of 14, she debuted as an actor within the Iranian movie, ‘Derakht e Golabie/The Pear Tree’ in 1998. She has obtained worldwide reorganisation for her numerous movies. Some of her movies are ‘Deux fereshté/Two Angels’ (2003), ‘Bab’Aziz: Le prince qui contemplait son âme’ (2004), ‘To Each His Cinema’ (2007), ‘Santouri/The Music Man’ (2007), ‘Body of Lies’ (2008), ‘Chicken With Plums/Poulet Aux Prunes’ (2011), ‘The Patience Stone’ (2012), and ‘Arab Blues’ (2019).
She bought immense reputation together with her character ‘Shansa’ in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ (2017).
She acted within the Netflix net collection, ‘Extraction’ (2020), by which she performed the character of Nik Khan. She has acted in numerous theatre performs, like ‘Maryam and Mardavij’ (2003), ‘The Black Narcissus’ (2004), ‘A Private Dream’ (2013), and ‘Anna Karenina’ (2016). She has featured in music movies like “Pola” (2014) and “Paradis” (2018).
- She was banned in 2008, for leaving Iran and showing within the Hollywood movie, ‘Body of Lies’ starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
- In 2012, she was banned from returning to her homeland after posing topless for the French journal ‘Madame Le Figaro.’
- In 2012, she made one other controversy after showing nude within the movie, “The Patience Stone.”
Awards & Honours
Fajr International Film Festival
1997: Best Actress (International Section) for Derakht e Golabie (The Pear Tree)
Three Continents Festival (Nantes, France)
2004: Prix d’ Interpretation Feminine for Boutique
Kazan International Film Festival
2008: Best Actress for Mim Mesle Madar (M for Mother)
Gijón International Film Festival
2012: Best Actress for The Patience Stone
Abu Dhabi Film Festival
2012: Best Actress for The Patience Stone
Note: She has many extra accolades to her title.
- Her actual title is Rahavard Farahani.
- She began studying music and piano on the age of 5, and later, she joined a music faculty in Tehran, Iran.
- She revealed in an interview that she had lived like a boy when she was a child, she stated,
I had a reputation for myself: Ameer. Every day I went to highschool with the headband, got here again and become a boy, and went out on the streets to play basketball and reside like a boy. My complete life for me was this recreation. It was harmful. Had they caught me, it will have been really critical. My mother and father have been actually anxious however they couldn’t management me. The humorous factor is the one massive purpose I gave was that I needed to trip a bicycle with out getting whistled or stared at. I needed to turn out to be invisible. I needed to be checked out as a human being reasonably than as an object of need.”
- In 2008, she exiled from her nation Iran after which settled in Paris. In an interview, she stated,
I used to be instructed by a ministry of tradition and Islamic information official that Iran doesn’t want any actors or artists. You might supply your creative companies elsewhere.”
- She has been working for the environmental causes and is working as an advocate for the eradication of tuberculosis in Iran.
- Her hobbies embrace taking part in music and watching motion pictures.
- She has featured on the duvet of assorted famend magazines.
- When she was in Iran, she joined Kooch Neshin (Nomads), a band that gained the 2nd Tehran Avenue underground rock competitors.
- After leaving Iran, she teamed up with one other exiled Iranian musician, Mohsen Namjoo. They launched their album ‘Oywas’ in October 2009.
- She was a member of the worldwide jury on the 63rd Locarno Film Festival (2010).
- She stood sixth within the annual Independent Critics Beauty List of 2014.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to instantly learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.