Claire Boucher is a Canadian musician, singer-songwriter, report producer, music video director, and visible artist. She is popularly referred to as Grimes.
Claire Elise Boucher was born on Thursday, March 17, 1988 (age 32 years; as of 2020), in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Her zodiac signal is Pisces.
She attended a catholic college, and in 2006, she graduated from Lord Byng Secondary School, Vancouver. After finishing her education, she relocated to Montreal to attend McGill University to do her majors in neuroscience and the Russian language. However, in early 2011, she left college earlier than ending her diploma. She is self-taught in music and humanities. She additionally took skilled ballet classes in her childhood.
Height : 5′ 5″
Eye Color: Green (wears lenses of varied colours)
Hair Color: Brown (dyed her hairs in varied colours)
Family & Ethnicity
She is of French, Italian, and Ukrainian descent. She was raised a Roman Catholic, however with time, she acquired over it and introduced herself as an agnostic.
Parents & Siblings
Her mom, Sandy Garossino, is a former Crown prosecutor and humanities advocate.
Her father, Maurice Boucher, is a former banker, works on the enterprise aspect of biotech.
Her stepfather, Ravi Sidhoo, is an Indian and runs West Side’s East India Carpets firm, which he inherited from his father.
She has three brothers; two of them are named Mac Boucher (cinematographer) and Daniel Boucher.
He has a step-brother (from her step father’s first marriage) named Jay Worthy, who’s a musician.
Relationships & Children
While finding out at McGill University, she was in a relationship with William Gratz. She was additionally in a relationship with digital musician James Brooks.
In 2007-10, she in an on-and-off relationship with Devon Welsh, a Canadian singer and songwriter who was the lead vocalist of the duo ‘Majical Cloudz.’
In 2018, she started relationship know-how entrepreneur, industrial designer, and engineer Elon Musk, who she met on Twitter.
On January 8, 2020, she introduced that she was pregnant with Musk’s little one, and on May 4, 2020, she gave delivery to their son. They introduced that they’ve named the kid “X Æ A-12” (pronounced “Ex Ash A Twelve” or “Ex Ay Eye.” After they might not register the identify on account of Californian regulation, which deemed it to be unlawful as a result of it consisted of character not utilized in fashionable English. The identify of the kid was then modified to “X Æ A-Xii” and eventually, they settled with “X AE A-XII, ” with the letter “X” because the little one’s first identify, and “AE A-XII” as his center identify.
Through an Instagram submit, she claimed Go Won, a member of the South Korean woman group ‘Loona,’ to be her son’s godmother.
As a Singer-Songwriter
Claire started writing music below the identify ‘Grimes’ in 2007. In 2010, she debuted together with her album ‘Geidi Primes,’ an idea album impressed by the Dune collection and launched by Arbutus Records on cassette.
In 2011, she launched her first prolonged play ‘Darkbloom’ in collaboration with the Canadian musician and singer-songwriter d’Eon.
The similar 12 months, her debut album was re-released by way of ‘No Pain in Pop Records’ in CD and vinyl format for the primary time. She signed with the report label 4AD in January 2012, following her in depth touring and optimistic reception to her first two albums and first EP. She has launched the albums: Halfaxa (2010), Visions (2012), Art Angels (2015), and Miss Anthroposene (2020). She has additionally relased the EP ‘Ambrosia’ (2012). She launched her first non-album single ‘Go’ that includes Blood Diamonds in 2014. The track was rejected by Rihanna.
Her non-album singles embody We Appriciate Power (2018), Pretty Dark (2019) and Phone Sex (2012). She has featured in albums with the artists comparable to Blood Diamonds, Janelle Monáe, Loona yyxy, Bring Me the Horizon, and Ashnikko.
As a Visual Artist & Other Works
For all of her albums, Grimes created the album artwork, and likewise made artwork lithos for every observe on her studio album ‘Art Angels’ (2015), which have been bought with the vinyl launch.
Grimes illustrations present an affect of Japanese anime, manga, and comedian artists comparable to Charles Burns and Daniel Clowes. Apart from that, she additionally creates illustrations for her merchandise, together with T-shirts, album artwork, and present posters. In 2013, she created an alternate cowl for Image Comics’ “The Wicked + The Divine.”
She additionally designed a capsule assortment of T-shirts for Saint Laurent the identical 12 months; The 5 piece assortment of t-shirts options authentic art work by the musician, which was impressed by Yves Saint Laurent’s “Love Poster” collection from the ’70s.
The similar 12 months, she additionally organized a silent public sale on the Audio Visual Arts (AVA) Gallery in NYC to learn the Native Women’s Association of Canada’s marketing campaign to boost consciousness of violence towards Aboriginal girls in Canada.
Awards & Achievements
- Webby Award for Artist of the Year in 2013
- A2IM Libera Awards for Video of the Year for the track “Kill V. Maim” in 2016
- Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards – Musician of the Year 2016
- iHeartRadio Much Music Video Award for Best EDM/Dance Video for “Venus Fly” (that includes Janelle Monáe) in 2017
- Electronic Album of the Year for Visions in 2013
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2013
- Video of the Year for the track “Kill V. Maim” in 2017
- Video of the Year for the track “Venus Fly” (that includes Janelle Monáe) in 2018
- In 2018, Claire was accused by Azealia Banks of allegedly inviting her (Azealia Banks) to Elon Musk’s home for collaboration and failing to point out up. She alleged that she needed to witness Elon being comforted by Claire for tweeting that ‘he had secured funding to take Tesla private at $420 per share.’ Later, Musk filed a lawsuit towards Azealia, in response to which, plaintiffs sought subpoenas for Grimes, Banks, and three media shops (the New York Times, Gizmodo, and Business Insider) that interviewed both Banks or Musk about their dispute.
- Her relationship with Elon Musk has all the time been a topic of controversy. Be it, her eradicating ‘anti-imperialist’ from her Twitter bio or renaming herself as ‘c’ as in ‘constant for speed of light.’
- In early 2019, she was accused of glorifying fascism whereas selling her new single ‘We Appreciate Power,’ impressed by North Korea’s all-female navy band Moranbong. She had mentioned,
I believed individuals understood that I finally in all probability imagine in an AI dictatorship.” (Maybe it’s comprehensible that somebody who all the time says the improper factor may discover consolation in absolutism.)”
- In an interview, she as soon as spoke about her drug use in the course of the creation of ‘Visions’ in 2012. She had mentioned,
I blacked out the home windows and did tons of amphetamines and stayed up for 3 weeks and didn’t eat something”
However, she later put a Tumblr submit, addressing that there have been edits made to her Wikipedia web page that debate her use of amphetamines in the course of the recording of ‘Visions,’ that are unfaithful and never supported by her. She added that regardless of eradicating it, the sentences are added again on her Wikipedia web page a number of instances. She mentioned,
dropping individuals to medicine and alcohol is the worst as a result of they destroy any good recollections you have got of them earlier than forcing you to cope with the empty house they depart behind. additionally whoever retains placing the few quotes i mentioned early in my profession about medicine again into my wikipedia web page is an asshole. I don’t need that to be a part of my narrative, and if it needs to be I need individuals to know that i hate laborious medicine. All they’ve ever completed is kill my pals and trigger me to be unproductive. Editing an internet site that individuals take severely and reference on a regular basis in order that it seems like i feel amphetamines are cool is extremely irresponsible, individuals may learn that and assume its a cool factor to emulate. I hope you recognize you might be doing the world a disservice. I simply watched one other individual I care deeply about mainly flip into gollum and my coronary heart is damaged.”
- In 2020, Elon Musk tweeted ‘Pronouns Suck’ with none extra context. To which, Grimes publicly tweeted that whereas she liked him, she can’t help hate. Some speculated that Elon was referring to gender-neutral pronouns. Her tweet was deleted quickly after it was posted.
- Singer(s): Mariah Carey, Dolly Parton, Marilyn Manson, Brandy Norwood, Enya, Björk
- Rapper: G-Dragon (of Big Bang)
- Musician(s): Yoko Kanno, Aphex Twin, Hildegard von Bingen, Burial
- Dessert: Butterscotch Icecream
- Okay-pop Band(s): Bing Bang, 2NE1, Girls’ Generation
- Film: The Handmaiden (2016)
- TV Show: Game of Thrones collection
- Video Game: Legend of Zelda
Her web price, as of 2020, is $three million.
- In 2018, she introduced that she had modified her identify legally from Claire to ‘c‘ (the image for the velocity of sunshine).
- When she was in elementary college, her French-Canadian grandfather taught her the way to shoot a rifle.
- After she moved to Montreal, she found her love for music. While pursuing her commencement, she met David Peet, a fellow Vancouver transplant, who opened DIY venue Lab Synthèse with Sebastian Cowan (one other buddy of Claire’s), and another pals. Along with them, she began doing underground music. In March 2008, Peet dedicated suicide in March 2008, which deeply impacted her. Before that, that they had been planning to start out a band collectively.
- According to critics, her music attracts on an eclectic mixture of types, together with digital music, synth-pop, R&B, dream pop, and hip hop, and has been described as synth-pop and art-pop. She is a Soprano, a kind of classical feminine singing voice having the very best vocal vary of all voice sorts.
- Grimes is thought for having a lisp. According to her, she likes it and has no want to endure speech remedy.
- Grimes and her brother, Jay Worthy have collaborated on the one ‘Christmas Song,’ which was launched on the Rough Trade bonus disc of her album ‘Visions.’
- She has additionally labored together with her brother, Mac Boucher, within the making of a few of her music movies comparable to Violence, Go, Realiti, Flesh Without Blood/Life within the Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly, and We Appreciate Power.
- Once, she tweeted that Japan was like her ‘spiritual homeland.’ According to her,
I’m simply very obsessive about Japanese stuff normally. I feel there’s this archetype that exists in Japan that I actually establish with, that I don’t assume actually exists wherever else – which is the type of [Hayao] Miyazaki, Nausicaa or Mononoke character. She’s like a younger woman who’s very highly effective, however can also be type of cute – nevertheless it’s not like belittling in any respect. It’s simply not likely an archetype that exists within the West, and I like that. You know what I imply, like Chiaki Kuriyama in Kill Bill or one thing? That type of character is like my type of character in actuality. I imply, clearly I’m not, like, an murderer, however… I like that, I feel that’s actually cool.”
- She has many tattoos on her physique. She has her proper leg coated in tatooes; she has a coronary heart tattooed on her left arm; there are some phrases inked on the correct aspect of her stomach; she has an enormous cross signal on her wrist; she has each her palms, from back and front, coated in tattoos.
- On July 16, 2019, she claimed to have eliminated part of her eyeball in experimental surgical procedure to remedy seasonal melancholy. According to her,
I underwent experimental surgical procedure that removes the highest movie of my eyeball and replaces it with an orange ultra-flex polymer that my buddy and I made within the lab this previous winter as a method to remedy seasonal melancholy.”
According to consultants, there is no such thing as a legit eye surgical procedure obtainable to get rid of blue gentle, nor a motive to get rid of all blue gentle.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a pc program and has not been created or edited by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to instantly learn the story from the Original Publishing entity.