Bhanuka Rajapaksa is knowledgeable Sri Lankan cricketer, who is understood for taking part in restricted over internationals for the Sri Lanka nationwide cricket staff.
Pramod Bhanuka Bandara Rajapaksa was born on Thursday, 24 October 1991 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Colombo, Sri Lanka. His zodiac signal is Scorpio. Although Bhanuka was into swimming since childhood, he needed to give up the game when he was recognized with the life-threatening sickness Meningitis. Thereafter, he determined to pursue a profession in cricket. In an interview, the recalled how he began enjoying cricket, he stated,
I used to be down with meningitis, a mind affecting illness and docs suggested me to not dive. So I took as much as cricket.”
While pursuing his education at Royal College, Colombo, Bhanuka began enjoying cricket in his faculty days representing the varsity staff.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not a lot info is accessible about his mother and father and siblings.
Wife & Children
On 5 April 2021, Bhanuka Rajapaksa bought married to Sandrine Pereira in a Catholic marriage ceremony ceremony in a church.
In 2009, Bhanuka made his T20 debut representing the home staff Schools Invitation XI. In the identical 12 months, he made his first-class debut for the Sinhalese Sports Club. Later, he superior into Sri Lanka’s Under-19 staff and represented his nation in the course of the 2009 tour of Australia. In the second ODI in the course of the Sri Lanka Under-19s tour of Australia, he amassed 154 runs in 111 balls, the second-highest particular person rating for Sri Lanka in U19 ODI cricket. He was additionally the primary Sri Lankan cricketer to attain 150 in a U-19 ODI inning. Thereafter, he was chosen for the 2010 Under-19 Cricket World Cup, held in New Zealand, which he completed because the main run-scorer for Sri Lanka with 253 runs. He was within the staff Kandy in the course of the 2018 SLC T20 League which completed as a tie within the third match towards Colombo. Thereafter, the groups went by means of a Super Over to find out the winner. As the match once more tied following the Super Over, Colombo was declared the eventual winners, as that they had scored essentially the most boundaries. In the 2018 Super Provincial One Day Tournament, he represented Galle’s squad, which gained the event after beating Colombo by 75 runs within the last. He performed for the staff Dambulla within the 2019 Super Provincial One Day Tournament. After being part of the staff Galle Gladiators within the 2020 Lanka Premier League (LPL), he represented the SLC Greys staff within the 2021 SLC Invitational T20 League. SLC Greys gained the event beating SLC Reds by 42 runs. For the 2021 SLC Invitational T20 League, he represented the SLC Greys staff, which gained the event beating SLC Reds by 42 runs. He performed for the staff Galle Gladiators within the 2021 Lanka Premier League; Galle Gladiators was defeated by Jaffna Kings by a margin of 23 runs within the last. At the IPL 2022 mega-auction, Bhanuka Rajapaksa was signed by Punjab Kings for Rs 50 lakhs. He has been a constant performer in Sri Lanka’s home circuit and has performed for the next groups:
- Ruhuna (Sri Lankan Inter-Provincial Tournament)
- Uva Next (Sri Lanka Premier League)
- Sri Lanka A
- Kandy Warriors (Lanka Premier League (LPL))
- Barisal Blazers (2010 National Cricket League Twenty20)
- Sri Lanka Board Presidents XI
- Deccan Gladiators (Abu Dhabi T10 League)
- Comilla Victorians (Bangladesh Premier League)
- The Chennai Braves (Abu Dhabi T10 League)
On 5 October 2019, Bhanuka made his T20I debut for Sri Lanka towards Pakistan at Gaddafi Stadium. Sri Lanka gained the collection and Bhanuka gained reputation for his big-hitting prowess within the second T20I wherein he develop into the “Player of the match,” scoring 77 runs off 48 balls. On 18 July 2021, Bhanuka Rajapaksa made his ODI debut for Sri Lanka towards India at R. Premadasa International Cricket Stadium. In July 2021, he was named in Sri Lanka’s squad to play three One Day International (ODI) and three Twenty20 International (T20I) matches when the Indian cricket staff toured Sri Lanka. India gained the ODI collection and the T20I collection was gained by Sri Lanka. It was the primary time that Sri Lanka had gained a T20I collection towards India. In September 2021, he grew to become part of Sri Lanka’s T20 World Cup squad. On 5 January 2022, Rajapaksa introduced his worldwide retirement by way of a letter written to the SLC, saying that he had taken the choice after contemplating some household obligations. However, when the Sri Lanka Sports Minister Namal Rajapaksa requested Bhanuka to cancel his retirement, he withdrew the retirement letter on 13 January 2022.
In 2021, Rajapaksa levelled some severe allegations towards Sri Lanka Cricket and alleged that he was mistreated by the authorities because of his under-par health stage. After being neglected for the excursions of the West Indies and the United Kingdom, Rajapaksa expressed his disappointment in a YouTube interview wherein he additionally insisted that the on-field performances of gamers must be prioritized for the number of gamers as an alternative of the health ranges of gamers. Responding to Rajapaksa’s claims, Sri Lanka head coach Mickey Arthur stated that Bhanuka had failed within the skinfold assessments required to qualify to play in worldwide cricket matches and the administration desires to have match cricketers within the nationwide squad. Called Rajapaksa a “comfort zone cricketer,” Arthur alleged that Rajapaksa didn’t comply with the strict food plan he was supplied with due to his obvious love for sweets. The conflict between Rajapaksa and Arthur led to Rajapaksa’s suspended ban from all types of cricket for one 12 months, which is suspended for 2 years together with a high quality of $5,000, by the Sri Lanka Cricket for breach of contract and for not gaining the required permission from SLC to provide media interviews.
- Cricketer: Adam Gilchrist, Virat Kohli
- Food: Chocolates
- He can be known as PBB Rajapaksa by varied media homes.
- His jersey quantity is 54 for Sri Lanka nationwide cricket staff in addition to for IPL’s Punjab Kings.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa is a left-handed batter, and his bowling fashion is true arm medium.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa grew to become the fourth particular person to consecutively win the title of the Observer-Mobitel Schoolboy Cricketer of the Year twice in 2010 and 2011.
- In 2011, he secured the title of ‘Young emerging U-19 Player’ on the CEAT Sri Lanka Cricket Awards.
- The left-handed batsman is the relative of the previous Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa who began serving because the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka in 2019.
- After his first-class debut in 2009, Bhanuka waited for ten years to play for Sri Lanka’s nationwide staff. In an interview, he talked about his battle and stated,
About the challenges, you identify it, I’ve been by means of all the things by means of the interval of 9-10 years. It took me nearly 10 years to get into the facet. It was actually tough. For 9 years it was not straightforward. Mentally, I used to be very low. Sometimes, I used to be very down. I wouldn’t say depressed however there have been moments after I didn’t need to proceed enjoying cricket.”
- In 2019, Bhanuka Rajapaksa booked a spot for himself within the 3-match T20I collection in Pakistan as a result of prime Sri Lankan cricketers had refused to journey to Pakistan citing safety points.
- Apart from swimming and cricket, he likes to play squash.
- An avid animal lover, Bhanuka has pet canines named Alvin, Brandie, Mocha, Riley, Theodore, and Abbie.
- He grew to become the ambassador of the famend restaurant chain Chariot Sri Lanka for the IPL (2022).
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa owns two vehicles, Toyota Land Cruiser and Subaru STI.
- In an interview, he revealed that having a candy tooth had affected his health. He stated,
The health journey has been fairly tough. It’s not my health out on the sector. It’s simply my skinfolds. I’ve been on the chubby facet from my college days, after I bought a popularity for having sweets.”
- Bhanuka employed a private coach named Nigel Aaron after being criticized by Mickey Arthur for his under-par health stage.
- In the feedback of a 2014 Facebook put up, Bhanuka Rajapaksa claimed that he had give up consuming.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a laptop program and has not been created by BouncingBelly. Please click on on the Source link given above to immediately learn the story from the Original Publishing entity. In case of any discrepancy within the content material and also you need the content material to be modified, please attain out to us at email@example.com