- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 6.44-inch full-HD display
- It is powered by a 5300mAh battery with quick charge
- Great flagship Camera sensor
- Some interesting feature on big screen at an interesting price
Most of Xiaomi launch in India has happened on 23rd of a month and has been a great success so far and today being an exception (18th July) but near to 23rd Xiaomi launches Mi Max 2. The launch video is available in the below link.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is the successor to last year’s Mi Max. The Mi Max 2 will be the fourth product launch in India for Xiaomi. The Chinese company has launched Mi Max 2 as ‘Big Is Back’ and for further details on specification please read the below details :
- Large screen – On the other hand of 6.44-inch full-HD display is very useful for users who spend more time on gaming and watching video. At the same time large screen ensures to have a bigger screen capture as compared to any other smaller smartphone, thus ensures better visibility of text, picture or maps on the screen.
- One hand interface – The Mi Max 2 which has a large screen and so it offers a one-handed interface option where the screen shrinks to the size such that user can operate it with one hand only
- Dual speaker – On the front side Mi Max 2 features dual speaker. This truly ensures better sound and depth for movie and gaming experience.
- Fingerprint scanner – Boasts of a fingerprint scanner on the back panel
- Optimal processor and OS – Mi Max 2 is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC clocked at 2GHz coupled. This is the same processor on the current Redmi Note 4 smartphone. The smartphone runs MIUI 8 based on Android1.1 Nougat.
- Memory – 4GB of inbuilt RAM.
- Battery – The battery of 5300 mah it is big, in-fact huge. Interesting thing is that they have technically been able to fit such a large battery in a phone which is smaller than a 5000 mah charge bank.
1 of 2
- Quick Charge – It has Quick Charge 3.0 technology for fast charging. It has a Type-C USB port. As claimed by Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will go to 68 per cent charge from one per cent in just over one hour, and is promising two days battery use with this.
- Camera – The fact that they have included a flagship category sony sensor in camera is great. It will surely give great photo. On the camera front, it gets a 12MP phase detection autofocus rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and dual LED flash. The rear camera is capable of recording 4K videos at 30fps and 720p slow-motion videos at 120fps. The 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture remains the same as its predecessor.
1 of 2
- Design and Color –
- Only black variant available in India
- Sleek design with rounder edges throughout
- All metal unibody design
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has a 6.44-inch full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top
- While the Xiaomi Mi Max had the following dimensions 173.1 x 88.3 x 7.5 mm and a weight of 203g, Mi Max 2 is shade thicker and bigger at 174.10 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm. Also it weighs more at 211g
1 of 2
- Split Screen – The next great feature is making good use of large screen – they introduced split screen where we can run 2 apps at the same time – multi tasking.
- Other details – his is dual SIM smartphone, and there’s a 3.5 mm headphone jack along with a Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
- Additional Offer – And Jio 100 GB free data is a great that that comes with this phone.
- Make in India –
- Xiaomi has put in considerable effort for make in India project and it is one of them
- They have increased the service center across India in a mood to get more fanbase.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 with its large screen comes under the category of phablet and its primary rival in the Indian market would be the Lenovo Phab 2 Plus. However because of the rich feature set smartphone buyers as well as tablet buyers can also look forward to buying this device.
Final comment – Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has been launched at Rs. 16,999 in India. However in China it cost somewhere around Rs 16,000. So in India you are getting it for a premium of Rs 1000. However, considering all the feature set and a complete package that it offers, Xiaomi Mi Max 2 could just be the go to phone for a large base of phone users. Please note that in India you can buy only the 64GB variant.
The phablet was launched in China back in May, in two inbuilt storage variants – 64GB priced at CNY 1,699 (roughly Rs. 16,000), 128GB priced at CNY 1,999 (roughly Rs. 19,000).
Let us know what you think and comment below about Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and also similar Chinese phone that are available in the market today…..On the other hand many people are demanding the launch of Mi6 in India.
Disclaimer : We have got all details and photo from Xiaomi website and from the event launch. If any discrepancy, please do inform us so that we can take corrective action.
Checkout our other blogs